History of our guestroom in Normandy

Manoir du Clap was built at the very end of the 16th century, during the reign of Henry IV, most likely around the year 1598. As Mr. Lebourgeois indicates in his book on La Cerlangue, the central fireplace of the building attests to the antiquity of the place.
Manoir du Clap - L'histoire du Manoir - La Cerlangue

History of our manor in Normandy

At the end of the Renaissance century, a family of gentry, likely attracted by the economic dynamism of the place, decided to build a manor. At that time, and until the middle of the 16th century, the residence was likely encircled by a wall around the "lower courtyard," of which only a remnant remains today, serving as the main support for a more recent building. Some outbuildings made of Saint Jean brick were part of the manorial ensemble, forming the "forecourt" of the manor.

Today, however, very few visible remnants of this era remain. The manor was indeed bought in 1740 by another family, the Yons, who, for practical and agricultural reasons, reshaped this forecourt, and gave the manor the appearance it has today. From the 18th century onwards, the estate passed from women to women, and withstood the vicissitudes of time, wars and revolutions.
Manoir du Clap - La Cerlangue

It was not until 2017 that the building, now in the hands of David Prevost, began to regain the splendor and grandeur it once enjoyed.

The work was sometimes very long, sometimes very heavy. It was necessary to renovate, while preserving the style and history of this old lady whose walls and floors, sometimes marked with notes and inscriptions, taught history, dedication, and humility. Walls had to be taken down, to be rebuilt later after everything was insulated. Noise. Cold. Sometimes even wind.

The park has been fully replanted.

Patience was required.

The manor comes back to life. And the story continues...